I am going to buy a new laptop in the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapkez

Baseband Member
I have been reading this specific section for a about 6 months now. I knew that I would be getting a laptop sooner or later. Basically, what has been mentioned the most is getting an ASUS. And I would, but I have a few more specific things that I need and I am not sure if it would work out. I also have a lot of questions so please bare with me.

I will be using this laptop for school work and gaming. I don't really care about photos or entertainment...

I want it to hopefully last through college so around 5 years from now. And I want to play games a pretty good quality. Games like:

SC2, Diablo 3 (when it comes out), Portal 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Minecraft, Civilization 5, MMOs. So yeah, higher end games.

I can deal with it being heavy, but I don't want a hulking laptop. And there are a few specific questions/comments I have:

1: Can I get away with an Alienware? When I was looking at the "build a laptop" section it seemed a lot easier to get mouse, headset, and games downloaded. I would get the extended (or which ever one is the best) warranty. So I assume that comes with better support than usual.
-And if I can, which specific Alienware do you think would benefit me the most?

2: If I really shouldn't get an Alienware and get an ASUS or toshiba, then if I get it from Newegg, is Windows 7 already downloaded? Or do I have to go buy another one of those?

Price range- $1100-1200 U.S , but I am willing to go a little higher for a good laptop with a good warranty, and good support.

I am willing to compromise because I am sure this is pretty tough to accommodate.

I might be able to pay for that. I am just wondering, is this computer that much of a difference. Because it is more affordable, it would be a little better, because I plan on getting a cooling pad, a mouse, and a few other accessories?
I also wanted to get the extended warranty which is another $100. If there is something in between that is still really good that would be the best choice.

Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite A665-3DV11X Notebook Intel Core i5 2410M(2.30GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 640GB HDD 5400rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

The 460 is better than the 540 by a long shot. You can always update the RAM, but 4GB is enough for games. Even the newest.

10lbs is 10lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom