HP Warranty Worth What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philk13

Beta member
Hello all,

I have a one-year manufacturer warranty on my HP laptop (Pavilion DV5). However, HP apparently defaults the "purchase date" to the date the laptop was made. When calling HP's customer service, however, they acknowledge that the warranty covers one year from the date of purchase. To fix the start date of your warranty, they request that you email a copy of the receipt to an HP email address.

I have, 3x now, emailed a photocopy of my receipt. I have contacted the HP tech support centers in the Philippines and India. Thousands of cell phone minutes later, HP tech support tells me I need to email the receipt again. They explain, each time, that they cannot update the warranty at their location. They also cannot give me a phone number or email for the warranty office. After speaking to supervisors multiple times, they have said they would fix the issue and then call me. This has happened repeatedly, but nothing has resolved the issue. I'm going on one month now, without resolution.

Several times, supervisors inform me they will fix the issue and then (personally) call me back within a set period of time. I've never received a phone call from them. Twice, they explained that my file did not have a cell phone, despite the fact that I provide my email and phone number each time. Even after providing my number and email, I've never heard back. The warranty date in their computer database remains the same, which means they can't repair my malfunctioning computer. (Unless, of course, I pay money.)

As far as I know-- and as far as I've been told after calling every HP phone number I've found-- there is NO way to contact anyone other than their tech support centers. Calling those numbers of course, repeats this whole story. It's an endless cycle.

ANY help? Anyone know any additional phone calls I can call? I've literally called every HP phone number, on every website. I have a HUGE log of my on-going attempts, and have phone and email records to prove everything I've done. Hours and hours of labor. NO resolution. No solutions. Nothing.

What's the point of a one-year warranty, if the company does not honor it?

Please, anyone, any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

You need to speak to a supervisor, not an Indian supervisor but one from the US. I say this beause generally speaking the supervisors at those call centers in India don't have a lot of power. What you need to do is keep speaking with a supervisor until you get an american and a guarantee this will be fixed. You also need to get names when you speak with people, employee ID's, real names (not Jim from india) and any other information you can get. Why? Accountability. They are putting you off because they aren't accountable, get names and employee ID's and they will be more willing to ensure you are taken care of.

I have now made approx. 15-20 individuals calls to HP customer service, totaling more than 300 cell phone minutes. I have complete logs of each call, including names, times, and promises made during each call. At this point, I've spoken with 4 supervisors at 3 different locations (outside Manila, Philippines; Kolkata, India; and Mumbia, India), and I've been told 3 times that the situation would be fixed within 4-6 hours, AND THEN I would be contacted (via phone and/or email) confirming the fix.

The service center says that all they can do is email the warranty office with my email, which includes my scanned copy of my receipt. I've sent this email three times, on the 20th, 21st, and 27th of December.

Each time I call the customer service reps, they tell me the same thing. After I explain the same issues over and over for 5-15 minutes, they tell me that they can't help. NO ONE knows where this mythical "proof of purchase" office is located. The phone numbers for this office are no good- last time I spoke to a rep, I asked him to call the numbers while I was on the phone. He did and confirmed that the only two numbers his office (Manila office) had on file were no good. (These were the same two numbers that I received from the Kalkata office.)

They can provide no further phone numbers. They have no other solutions other than I need to wait for the warranty office to "process" the email which they have forwarded on.

I'm on the phone with "Kate" -- now transferred to supervisor "Arnold Sabino" -- its 2:50am. Just hung up. That call was 1hr 15 min. No, I'm not making this stuff up.

After all these phone calls, they've asked me to call another number, but only during US hours. At least this new number isn't one of the 4 that I received before.

If anyone is interested in reading more about this HP Odyssey (and I mean the tragedy), I'll post more after I call this next number... 1-877-917-4380 x93 at 6 or 7am Mountain Time.

This is, by far, the most frustrating customer service experience of my LIFE, and I have dealt with my share of companies. HP should be absolutely ashamed of this horrific experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom