So I have been tasked with a report to define why exactly it was we switched from Lenovo to HP laptops.
We were using the X61 Lenovo model when someone came up with the bright idea we switch over to the HP Elitebook 2530P models.
What brought this research project on was that we are having what seems to be more issues with the HP's (hardware, physical damage, performance and support is in my opinion far behind what we had with Lenovo) Again (and this is my opinion) the Lenovo's were solid machines, work-horses if you will. The specs of the HP 2530P are as follows:
Windows XP Pro SP3
1. Board: Hewlett-Packard 30E1 KBC Version 03.16
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
2. 1.20 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Multi-core (2 total)
3. 80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity SATA 5400 RPM
4. 2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory - DDR2 - PC2-6400 400MHz - FSB DRAM 1:2 - DRAM FREQ 399.0
5. Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)
6. Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
7. Wireless - Broadcom 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter
8. Ethernet - Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection
Also, what can you tell me about the differences in the memory?
X61 - http://scj6771.smugmug.com/photos/657780070_kH365-L.jpg
2530P - http://scj6771.smugmug.com/photos/657780618_2nHh5-L.jpg
My question to you all is:
What is your opinion on this? Does anyone have the same issues with HP? Got a better solution? Of course price is always the main factor but any advice or opinion would be appreciated. Thank you.