HP Recalls 54,000 Lithium-Ion Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
HP Recalls 54,000 Lithium-Ion Batteries

The Lithium-Ion batteries used in HP and Compaq notebooks are being recalled over reports of overheating batteries that have ruptured and caused 11 instances of personal injury and 31 cases of property damage.

If you think you have any of these batteries in your possession, remove them immediately from your notebook, and contact HP at the HP Battery Replacement Program website at HP Notebook PC Battery Pack Replacement Program or call (888) 202-4320 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday.

Well... they still haven't fixed they motherboard issue with their elite model. If they did, they still have alooot of work left to fix the issue, alot of angry customers right now trying to get their money back. Their customer support is just as bad as it gets.

and not to mention the bloatware on thier laptops. I nuke it on first start. don't even attempt to boot one up for the first time. last one I worked on for a client took 20 minutes on vista home premium to boot up and the poor woman was way to busy to figure it out she just had twins and just got the laptop. I have never seen a woman that mad before. I comforted her of course and made sure she was ok and just did a reformat/reinstall of a fresh copy of 7 ultimate. she was happy again. it booted up in less then a minute.

^unfortunately that's the way a lot of laptops are going these days. But yeah, I'd say Compaq and HP are the worst offenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom