HP Quickplay Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, I haven't been able to find any other posts showing information on this. However this is my problem and I was hoping one of you would have a solution:

I own an HP 9334US, which of course comes with quickplay buttons. My volume quickplay button will stop lighting up sporadically however it will still control the volume.

Taking the battery out and unplugging it fixes the issue and the light comes back on and if one fails to take the battery out eventually the entire quickplay bar goes out and it no longer responds.

Anyways I have updated the driver for my quickplay as well as flashed my BIOS to the updated versions and it seems to have not fixed it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

Hello,

I'm guessing it's out of warranty...?

Have you manually disabled any HP Quick Launch services or startup processes (using MSCONFIG, for example)?

Secondly, go to device manager and under Human Interface Devices, ensure that the HP Quick Launch Buttons device is installed and working properly. You'll also want to do this when the actual problem occurs (that is, the moment the lights go out and the buttons no longer respond).

If what Alvin says doesn't resolve the issue or already has the proper settings, it could be possible that the connector and/or buttons have gone out.

More likely to be a slightly looose connection live with it hardly a disaster I find quickplay slow and rubbish anyway there are much better optimized apps out there.

I agree with you saltynay, Its not a problem if the **** things dont work just wanting to know if it was a motherboard failure really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom