HP Quickplay Volume - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Geek Squad

Default HP Quickplay Volume

Hey guys, I haven't been able to find any other posts showing information on this. However this is my problem and I was hoping one of you would have a solution:

I own an HP 9334US, which of course comes with quickplay buttons. My volume quickplay button will stop lighting up sporadically however it will still control the volume.

Taking the battery out and unplugging it fixes the issue and the light comes back on and if one fails to take the battery out eventually the entire quickplay bar goes out and it no longer responds.

Anyways I have updated the driver for my quickplay as well as flashed my BIOS to the updated versions and it seems to have not fixed it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Old 11-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: HP Quickplay Volume

Hello,

I'm guessing it's out of warranty...?

Have you manually disabled any HP Quick Launch services or startup processes (using MSCONFIG, for example)?

Secondly, go to device manager and under Human Interface Devices, ensure that the HP Quick Launch Buttons device is installed and working properly. You'll also want to do this when the actual problem occurs (that is, the moment the lights go out and the buttons no longer respond).

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar

If what Alvin says doesn't resolve the issue or already has the proper settings, it could be possible that the connector and/or buttons have gone out.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Patron

More likely to be a slightly looose connection live with it hardly a disaster I find quickplay slow and rubbish anyway there are much better optimized apps out there.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Geek Squad

I agree with you saltynay, Its not a problem if the **** things dont work just wanting to know if it was a motherboard failure really.

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Closed Thread