HP Pavilion Dv6646US error: 'Plugged in, Not charging"
I have a Dv6646US running 32bit Vista SP2. Recently I was sitting in a recliner and when I went to close the pop-out leg support my powercord got caught in the metal and was partially severed. The unit immediately went off of A/C power and onto battery power.
I went to get my backup A/C power cord, a universal unit, made by Targus. The notebook went back onto A/C power but would not charge the battery. Under the battery manager in the task bar it now reads "0% (plugged in, not charging)".
Things I have tried to fix this problem:
1) Tried replacement battery(brand new).
2) Updated to latest version of BIOS (F.32)
3) Restarted without battery in place
4) Shutdown without battery in place
5) Deleted Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Battery Method, then scanned for hardware changes and reinstalled.
6) Reinstalled Vista
7) Installed Windows 7 on separate partition.
8) Ran "battery check" in Help and Support. Program told me to replace battery when testing old and NEW battery.
The only 'progess' I seemed to make was when I shutdown without the battery in place and booted up with it in place, the charge suddenly jumped to 69%.However, after restarting again it reads 0% once more.
Please help, this is very frustrating.