HP Pavilion dv6408nr will not boot after I shut it down and keeps self-restarting whe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Panther

Beta member
I had my laptop for a little over a year and now I can't even it boot it up whenever I shut it down. It's like I have to leave it on permanently or else I have to cross my fingers whether it will load back up or not. As soon as I press the power button, I get a delayed reaction so to speak. It like takes a couple seconds for the fans to start humming rather than instantaneously. My monitor is off (not even a lit-up blank screen) and the hard drive is not working. All I get are the hums of the fans and the adapter light. After say about 30 seconds, it will turn off by itself and restart. This cycle occurs about 3 or 4 times until I finally had enough and hold the power button in for at least 30 or more seconds. It's like a different sequence every time in order for my laptop to finally load Windows Vista. I either had to repeat the previously mentioned process or close the lid and turn it back on. But miraculously when it does finally boot up, I can't press F10 for the boot sequences. It ignores my command and continues to load Windows. I really do not want to leave it on sleep or hibernate mode. How can I fix this problem?

I updated my BIOS.

It runs smooth once I finally manage to get it to load. It just WON'T BOOT whenever I SHUT IT DOWN.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6408nr will not boot after I shut it down and keeps self-restarting

Hmm, You might have nicked the screen cable.. thus the close the lid trick.. or another important cable..

Depending on how skilled you feel, might be time to open it, manuals are d/l-able, and look for obvious signs of out-of-place cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom