HP Pavilion DV6000 LCD cable problem? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default HP Pavilion DV6000 LCD cable problem?

Hello, I need with a HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop screen problem but itís not exactly like the million and one other problems Iíve read about so donít stop reading yetÖ

My laptop screen intermittently shakes and sometimes whites out gradually. It does it when itís powered by AC adapter or battery. I know of the common video card chip problem with this series of Pavilion laptop but I've connected my laptop to an external monitor and the problem doesn't extend onto it, and as far as I am aware, that means it's not a motherboard problem.

Could it be the LCD cable? So far when the problem occurs Iíve temporarily cured it by putting slight pressure on the back of the screen or by tilting the screen backwards/forwards until it stops. Iíve been told it doesnít sound like a backlight inverter problem. I had my screen replaced about a year ago when it go cracked, but the problem didnít start for about 9 months after that.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. (Cheapest quote to fix it so far is £75)

Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: HP Pavilion DV6000 LCD cable problem?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but my dv9000 is doing something very similar. I found out last week that if I open the lid too far that the screen will have the colors get messed up (like half the screen will go very bright) and if I push it farther the whole display shuts off. Moving the screen back the display turns back on. I had to send the laptop into HP in August because the graphics chip died (no image on display or external, even the BIOS boot graphics). It is booting fine now so I don't think it is the graphics and probably related to the LCD cable. I don't have that laptop with me but next time I use it I will try plugging in an external monitor and report my findings. If it is a simple LCD cable it should be easy to replace myself.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here is what is wrong with my laptop, when the screen moves the whole screen goes blank or has messed up color.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

i have been looking at used hp 6000. they are going for $300
this is what i found.

HP dv2000/6000/8000/9000/tx1000 Video Problems - HP Support Forum

try googling hp6000 recall. many other issues
Closed Thread