HP Pavilion dv6-3100sa 15.6" Laptop, in RED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexhughes1991

Beta member
Hey ive been looking for help about buying a gaming laptop, i sortve understand what i need to look for in a gaming laptop... Lots of ram, dual core, and obviously a good graphics card. Also being red obviously makes it go faster too.

Heres the specs..
HP Pavilion dv6-3100sa 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | PC World

Processor
AMD Athlonâ„¢ II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P340
- 2.2 GHz
- 1.8 GHz HT
- 1 MB dedicated L2 Cache
- Dual-core processor

RAM
- 4GB DDR3 RAM

Hard drive
- 500GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

Graphics card
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 graphics
- 512MB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory
- Up to 2173MB total graphics memory

Im not looking to play Crysis 2, MW2 or Haze and i never really will. I just want to know if this computer can handle Civilization V, Starcraft 2, Fallout New Vegas and just RTS games in general.
If i can barely play them what graphics would i have to settle for? (would have to run on low for no lag etc) Thanks to anyone who can give their expertise =]

EDIT : I've found another laptop that's pretty cheap with a pretty good graphics card (I think..) But i cant tell if it's dual core or not.

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15r-n5110/pd?oc=n00q1529&model_id=inspiron-15r-n5110

Processor

* Intel® CoreTM i3 2310M (2.1GHz/3MB cache)

RAM

* 4GB1 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

Graphics card

* 1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT525M

Others will think differently, but the DV6 series are ******. Heard of too many failing just after warranty.

I'm an ASUS fanboy. :p

But I can't find anything else in that price range :(

You would play SC2 at medium settings. My ASUS UL80J has a NVIDIA 310M and plays SC2 fine at medium.

Others will think differently, but the DV6 series are ******. Heard of too many failing just after warranty.

I'm an ASUS fanboy. :p

But I can't find anything else in that price range :(

You would play SC2 at medium settings. My ASUS UL80J has a NVIDIA 310M and plays SC2 fine at medium.

Im pretty much stuck to this one with what i can buy, if this one wont do the job the next best one is about £680! But id just save for longer is all, i cant exactly buy things online because i dont have a safe way of doing so. But cool thanks for the info dude, medium would be fine =].

Anyone know if it can handle Civ 5 well?

Also sorry for the double post but i cant edit the previous one (Needs to be approved first before its visable, so if a mod could merge them that'd be awesome so i dont look like a tool) But what did you mean about too many of them failing streight after warranty? just a certain part that gave in or the software just packed it in?

just hardware that fails, which is purely coincidental. The 5470 is a bit better than the 310m so you'll be able to play most games on medium/medium-low settings.

and there really isn't anything better in that price range that I could find with a comparable graphics card. Most had a better cpu but worse gpu which is counter productive to what you want.

Cool, thanks for the info. least i can be happy with the fact that i found a good deal then (Right? :() All id like to know now is could this laptop handle Civilization V well?

Hopefully its not as bad as people make it out to be, so does anyone know if it could handle Civilization V/Fallout New Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom