HP Pavilion dv5t - $1098.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
So I used a $400 off $1299 coupon with HP and built this laptop. I bought 4GB of ram from frys.com for $35 instead of wasting another $150 on the build. I also have a 12 cell battery and a better hard drive. What do you guys think on the deal? I found the deal off of slickdeals and I believe it was worth it. My laptop died on me sadly...

HP Pavilion Entertainment dv5t customizable Notebook PC
* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
* Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.4 GHz)
* 15.4" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Infinity Display (1680 x 1050)
* FREE Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
* FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
* [For BrightView Infinity Display] Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
* HP Color Matching Keyboard
* Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
* No Modem
* Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
* No TV Tuner w/remote control
* 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
* Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
* HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

yeah thats a super solid build. and it looks smexy. we have a couple at work (ccity) and they run like a dream. and for that price, its a tank. especially with the bluray drive and the gpu/cpu.

Oh man is she beautiful! I'm on it right now and loving every minute. I'm gonna go waste some money on an expensive blue ray movie to check this out ;) Just because I'm impatient. But I'll buy more later online for dirt cheap when sales come up. Oh and I'd have to say I really like this screen. Much much better.

I have an HP (dv9700t, it's the previous model 17") and I love it, got it a few months ago, one of the last dv9000 purchases (should've waited :( ) but it's a great PC. The BrightView screen is incredible for a laptop.

Awww I downloaded the Incredible Hulk Blu-Ray. It's 4.15GB in size and it won't play. It skips in VLC Media Player. It's okay but skips a little in Classic Media Player.

yeah, thats a problem with all intel/nvidia or the centrino2 solutions. they don't give you real nice blu-ray playback..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom