HP Pavilion - dv3000 - Does it perform well? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Red face HP Pavilion - dv3000 - Does it perform well?

Hello Everybody! I am in search of a new notebook and have come across this HP Pavilion dv3005tx as one of the best laptops, especially; HP is more preferred company in India to go for in terms of computing.

I have few questions in regards to this laptop:

Q1. How is this notebook in terms of performance?

Q2. Does this notebook get heated very fast? This is bícoz my usage of desktop computer is for 9 Ė 10 hrs everyday wherein I surf the website, listen to music, keep files for downloading while PC is on standby mode, etc... But play games very less as well as watching movies. Therefore, I wonder if this notebook will be able to sustain such long hours.

Again, I will be using notebook this at my residence, so I donít have an air condition in the living room; instead, I turn on the fan.

Q3. What are the main limitations of this notebook as compared to the HP Business series laptops?

Q4. Does this notebook have the capacity of sustaining jerks & pressure while on move? This is quiet important for me b'coz I might be carrying this notebook on my 2 wheeler.

Q5. How is the battery life of this notebook?

Also, prior to HP Pavilion dv3000, I was planning to buy HP Pavilion tx2000 Tablet Notebook and this is because I felt that since if I have to go with a notebook, than why should I not go with some more features such as screen twisting, writing on the screen, touch screen, etc... But the realities of the laptop strike me when I went to Tata Croma which deals into ďElectronics & ComputersĒ here, in Mumbai.

When I observed the screen of this laptop, I got very disappointed bícoz it looked so dull, even if one would stand in front of it. This made me switch over from a tablet to a non-tablet notebook.

Now, the cost of this HP Pavilion dv3005tx Notebook is Rs. 53í000/- and that is slightly worrying me bícoz, it is said that unless one buys and uses a product, the reality of that product would not be know and the same is what I am feeling at this moment.

Since, I cannot spend that huge amount repeatedly and notebook being costly cannot be changed at regular intervals, therefore I have to stick around with this laptop at least for next 7 years.

So, only thing I am concerned about is that I should not get stuck up with this laptop with any kind of issues. As one of the users on this forum has mentioned that bícoz of the reflection on mirror-like palm rest, watching of movies would become difficult, so now this makes me wonder if I should go with it.

Also, this laptop in India has an option up till 1.83 GHz and not beyond that. And FSB is till 667 MHz and so eím worried about its performance.

Therefore, if anybody on this forum can help me with my worries, it would be really great!

Closed Thread