HP Pavilion DV Notebook Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Encase anyone is having the same issue I figured I would save you the trouble.

I was working on a customers dv9000 laptop which the wireless card would never show up under the device manager and the wireless button would never turn on after several troubleshooting steps I found this form

IT Resource Center forums - DV 6040US Broadcom Wireless Adapter NOT WORKING

This form had several people with the same issue plus added issues that I was not having HP has issued a recall on the DV20xx threw the DV94xx series they have also recalled Compaq Presario v30xx threw the v64xx series for all of the same reasons. The link below connects you to the HP Recall for this issue and will help you get your laptop repaired. They also include the list of other issues that the recall falls under.

HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

I posted about the DV series before, it's either power jack failures, OR, they had some designs that used the AMD processors, and had a gap the thickness of a penny between the heatsink and die of the CPU, the only simple fix for that, is to take the heatsink off, and grab some pure copper the EXACT same thickness as a penny, and put some thermal compound on both sides....

Took them long enough to issue the power adapter/jack warranty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom