HP Maybe Dead Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldernon

Baseband Member
So i was an idiot and punched my laptop. I know i deserve what ive gotten, but the darn thing was $1400 last year, and i just cant believe i killed it...

What happened-
Punched the laptop

Issue-
1) The laptop will power on and work perfectly, HOWEVER if i so much as touch it, it will shut off.
2) The laptop will not except 2 gigs of ram anymore. If i put 2 1GB sticks in, it only recognizes 1 stick.

Things ive done-
Ive taken the laptop apart completely and isolated the mobo. Ive manged to get it running. When i so much as touch the mobo a little bit, it turns off.

Im feeling like there is some kind of hairline fracture in the mobo. To me tho, with computers my whole life its been either their dead, or their not...

The model is an HP Dv9644ca.
Any help or ideas you guys have would be appreciated. Is this worth getting looked at by a pro?

If it was 1400 last year it is definately worth getting looked at by a pro. My first piece of advice would have been to take it apart and ensure all connections (power, video, ect ect) are all snug. Because it sounds like when you went ape on it you loosened a cable or the power connector.

Since you've already done that and i assumed put everything back together properly take a look at the power connector that runs from the motherboard to the power cord. See if that is loose. If it is you can solder it yourself or have a pro do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom