HP LED monitor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard315

Beta member
Hello!

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-3079wm entertainment PC with a great LED screen. The problem is that on Sunday I powered up my computer and the screen is displaying with a greenish hue at all times. If you look closely you can see green lines running vertically along the screen which are particularly evident in the areas that should be black.

I know the problem is not the video card malfunctioning because when I hook up an external monitor to the HDMI port everything displays great.

Today I noticed that while pressing the mute button on the laptop's casing that the screen flickered back to looking as it should. When I depress the case with a little force in that area the screen looks just as good as it did on the day I bought the laptop.

My questions is this: could the problem be a loose connection inside the laptop or should I consider a screen replacement? I've contacted HP support and they seem to think I need a screen replacement, but my warranty is expired and I'd rather not shell out the money if it is a simple connectivity issue.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

You mean LCD? LEDs are little lights. ;)

Yes, that seems like just a bad connection. Go into your computer and make sure the LCD power cable is snug.

DV series FTL. They always break after warranty ends.

You mean LCD? LEDs are little lights. ;)

Yes, that seems like just a bad connection. Go into your computer and make sure the LCD power cable is snug.

DV series FTL. They always break after warranty ends.

Yeah, I meant LED. It has a 17.3” HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display. Was very, very pretty and the HD was amazing for the Blu-ray drive when I got it.

I managed to get this DV for a great deal, and it performed great for so long. Even with the warranty expired I'm hoping I can do the repair myself. Just a matter of figuring out what is where inside this thing. Never been a fan of repairing laptops myself. Desktops are a cinch...laptops are so crammed and you pull one thing accidentally and you could be unplugging the entire front audio panel or something.

Well, here goes nothing! Thanks for the response :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom