HP Envy laptop keyboard gets extremely hot

heat2_zps8382bc26.png

Where would I find the Model #? doesn't appear to be on the bottom of laptop

Where would I find the Model #? doesn't appear to be on the bottom of laptop

Should be on the bottom of the laptop; possibly under the battery.

It may also be on the front of the laptop, on the screen's frame or somewhere similar.

If you can't find it there, then go to Start screen -> type "msinfo32" (without the quotes) -> Press Enter -> on the 'System Summary' section, it should show "System Model" there.

Last edited:
Should be on the bottom of the laptop; possibly under the battery.

It may also be on the front of the laptop, on the screen's frame or somewhere similar.

If you can't find it there, then go to Start screen -> type "msinfo32" (without the quotes) -> Press Enter -> on the 'System Summary' section, it should show "System Model" there.
It just says ' HP Envy 15 Notebook PC', but I mean I thought it would be a laptop,
[edit]
Nevermind, just noticed it doesn't have a disk drive, but it was sold to me as a laptop, and I said I needed one with a disk drive. Guess I'm definitely going to have to take it back.

Last edited:
Notebook and laptop mean the same thing.

You can always get an external disc drive, unless you're planning on using it that much.

Notebook and laptop mean the same thing.

You can always get an external disc drive, unless you're planning on using it that much.
I am, that was one of the main reasons I bought it, and even if I was fine about spending extra money for an external disc drive (which I'm not) that's besides the point. It was sold to me as having a disk drive, I paid extra money, and I mean as you can see it overheats a LOT, it doesn't meet the features I want in a laptop. So not fit for purpose.

I am, that was one of the main reasons I bought it, and even if I was fine about spending extra money for an external disc drive (which I'm not) that's besides the point. It was sold to me as having a disk drive, I paid extra money, and I mean as you can see it overheats a LOT, it doesn't meet the features I want in a laptop. So not fit for purpose.

Well just a few posts ago you said you would just buy a laptop cooler and deal with it :p.

IMO overheating is a bigger issue than a disk drive (which would be the reason I'd return it).

Either way...yes, I'd return it in favor of something different.

Well just a few posts ago you said you would just buy a laptop cooler and deal with it :p.

IMO overheating is a bigger issue than a disk drive (which would be the reason I'd return it).

Either way...yes, I'd return it in favor of something different.

Ah yes I know, but I was silly and didn't check that I did in fact have a disk drive. Yeah I'm going to return it later, and hope they sort things out. But still, when I say to someone I want a laptop for gaming, that has a disc drive and is suitable for fast internet browsing, I expect it to meet that criteria, so far it's only really suitable for internet browsing, and even then it can overheat.

Your temps look to be a lot better, but if you've had the laptop a while it could be overheating due to dust build up on the heatsink. See below for example.

As an FYI, APUs do not make good gaming chips.

Another FYI, heat soak into the keyboard is common for laptops and why they generally don't make good gaming machines. If it's too much of an issue and you need to use a laptop then I suggest getting a dedicated keyboard and prop your laptop on a cooling pad.

Attachments

• 10377996_743253335709941_2547473628571389497_n.jpg
    10377996_743253335709941_2547473628571389497_n.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom