HP ENVY 17 laptop screen going white

iconichd

Beta member
I have an HP ENVY 17 laptop 1010nr model... Its a 17 INCH
I use it mainly for video editing and hard core pc gaming for games like battlefield 3 and mw3 and more...I have ran dsk chcks etc all sayign its fine...

Here is the issue, the laptop is going fully white, then flickering and sometimes with vertical lines but my external monitor works perfect, in fact there are rare moments where the laptop itself works perfect but the moment i start up a video game, about 2 minutes into it the screen goes completely white, i then have to hook it to the lcd external and its completely fine, no issues at all...

What are your GPU temps while running the games? Have you updated your drivers to the most up-to-date from the GPU's manufacturer website?

my temps are actually better than before, meaning, when i was playign this game i was usually getting 86-98C and i guess thats normal for this laptop, now i bought a laptop cooler and my tempts are staying below 88 while gaming, thing is i attempted to do a OC one time and i got a blue screen, on laptop, it rebooted did a reset back to last best boot up and was fine, then just this last week it started this whole white screen stuff, my amd gfx card is up to date

Back
Top Bottom