HP Envy 14 (i720QM) - AC problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowsurfer

El Mágico
Hey all,

I recently got a brand new HP Envy 14 (1050) with the i720QM proc from HP for test, with the option to keep it after two months with a heavy discount (my company works for HP). Anyway, I can already say it is a great machine, but I have the following problem, when I start up I get a message that the AC Adapter is not powerful enough in order to provide the CPU with max power, and that the CPU might not work to it's full potential.

The adapter is an original 90w HP, and it's the most powerful one made for this line (models with slower CPUs ship with a 65w adapter). I've also tried a universal Kensington (also 90w).

When I try to stress the CPU with Prime95 and monitor what's happening in CPU-Z, I get the following:

If I stress the 4 cores and 8 threads I get a max speed of 1.33GHz (should be 1.6)

If I stress only 1 core / 1 thread I get a max speed of 2.35GHz (should be 2.8).

So it seems that the startup message is for real....Anyone with any ideas? I don't want to bug our contacts at HP just yet since they've gone out of their way to get me this machine for a low, low price. :/

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom