HP dv6911om - Black Screen Blinking Cursor Boot after BIOS

AlphaMero

Solid State Member
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had some experience with boot/startup issues. My computer tells me that it cannot detect an os. I have installed multiple Operating systems including linux based. The computer does start up sometimes, about 1/15 restarts.

I have tried resetting the phoenix bios. I have replaced the cmos battery, the initial tests specified a bad hard drive. Mem test was fine. It was a 200 GB (4200 rpm) I replaced it with a 500gb 7200rpm. After I replaced the hdd and installed the factory OS then began this new issue of no OS found. It HAS booted on multiple occasions. More so when I installed ubuntu. I have partitioned and set multiple OS including its factory Vista, ubuntu. I don't even care if a different OS has to be installed or completely changing anything. Don't mind learning Linux, that would be great actually. I just want this machine to run on startup. Any Ideas, tricks or new OS/software is accepted.

Is there some special trick to partitioning so that the bios reads the OS? Is there any possible way to reset or bypass the factory OS, or 'unlock' the computer? Maybe crack/replace the bios and set it up with a different OS. The factory disks dont seem to be doing the trick.

here she is, the exact model:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01512668&tmp_task=prodinfoCatego ry&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3747900

Thank you for your time! Any help greatly appreciated!
Please help!

Mero

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom