HP DV6 Laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

feardafoot

Beta member
Hey guys, we have 2 laptops in our home currently. We have wireless internet through time warner. The router is a Cisco Linksys E2000. I have a HP DV7 and my Wife has the DV6(the one with the problem). Hers keeps losing internet connection. It reads connected but cuts out. My laptop does not do this. I assume the wifi cards are different. The router seems to be most peoples answer to this problem, but why is my laptop doing fine? What do you guys think i should try? Recently i put Windows 7 Ultimate on both our CPU's. I had to replace her Hard Drive because her CPU froze one day and she got POUND HAPPY!!! :)

With hers the only things i have done recently is replace the HD and download a new cursor driver software. Her cursor was jumping all over the place. Also recently we had to configure the router again because i unplugged it and it lost settings. This internet problem of hers was happening before that occured and is still happening. What are some options i can try?

Thanks

I had countless laptop wireless cards die on me. Get a new wireless card. Make sure it is compatible.

What is your exact model? DV6 #####

I always got these at eBay, and they all worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom