HP DV5t-1000

hesson81

Baseband Member
Yet another poor economy laptop upgrade in the name of saving money...

A whole back I changed my HDD to an SSD in my dell Laptop, I love it. Since I don't really do any intense computer projects I only need it to boot up quick so I can surf the interent ect...

So now I have an old HP DV5t-1000 that I want to upgrade as well for my kids. Specs on HP forum appear scarce.

What is the fastest SSD I can put in the laptop, I.e. sata/sata 2 ect.. I suspect that it's only a Sata 2 but I'm not completely sure.

Thanks so much for your help...

hesson81 said:
What is the fastest SSD I can put in the laptop, I.e. sata/sata 2 ect.. I suspect that it's only a Sata 2 but I'm not completely sure.

HPDV5.png

Ouch... speed's not going to matter much.

Really, only thing you're looking at is going to be what kind of quality SSD you want to get. I prefer Samsung, personally. Others have recommended Corsair, and I believe another user on here has also said that Seagate has some quality ones as well.

Thanks for the Response, yea it looks like seagate may be the way I go...

Serial ATA-150.... IS that just plane SATA?? Also, If I were to get a SATA II Or SATA III
Would it actually matter? Same interface but just different capabilities of the computer to use it?? I.e. if I were to buy a SATA III it would only perform to SATA standards. Reason I ask is because SATA look scarce. Plenty of SATAIII and Some SATA II available though...

Thanks again,.

Serial ATA-150 is SATA 1

Yes, any drive that it is SATA 2 or 3 will still work with SATA 1. They just will run at SATA 1 speeds. The speed of the drive is only as fast as the interface using it.

Thanks Yevrag35 for your info. I'm having a hard time attaining the VISTA software through HP, as they say it's to old, and they no longer have in stock. So I'm probably going to have to flip the bill for another OS (I have the key on the laptop) before I can proceed with installing an SSD on my laptop. So frustrating.

Might you know the most cheapest way of aquiring the software only? Again the Vista key is ony the bottom of the laptop, so I don't need a full version with key.

If you have a key then just go tobyour local computer shop im sure they still have vista laying around somewhere

Back
Top Bottom