HP dm4 no sign of power

kalessi

In Runtime
Hey guys so I woke up this morning went to turn on my computer and it showed no sign of power at all....It is an HP dm4 laptop...from what ive researched so far it looks like it may be the motherboard?

I have a dm4-2015dx laptop, There are diagnostic lights that flash a certain number of times on the left caps lock and F12 key. Can you tell us how many times it flashes between pauses?

Ok so this morning there were no lights or anything.....i took battery out and held power button down and left it alone for 5 minutes tried it again still nothing...i check just a few minutes ago and now it turns on seems to work fine after leaving the battery out for a while....it does seem to get a little hot when i use it for a while....i think that is common for these computers though...

Check to see if the fan is running, you can also use HWMonitor to check your CPU tems
HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
These things do tend to collect lint and dust, so blowing out the cooling fins on the heatsink would help too. They are located on the left bottom side

Ok sooo....i did an update on my laptop and left it to run and come back to it and its completely dead again no lights or anything....

Check your power brick to see if it output is correct, should be about 18volts DC. If you wiggle the power plug in the port on the side of the laptop, will the charging light momentarily come on?

Will it power up if the power adapter is connected and the battery is out of it? I have seen batteries croak and cause this before.

ok sorry for the delayed reply but there is a light on the side that i didnt see at first but its a white light that blinks 3 times when i try to turn it on..will not run when i take the battery out either...

Back
Top Bottom