Hp bios:fan always on - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2019, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Post Hp bios:fan always on

So I bought an hp 15 da 1071ne, looking in his bios there is an option called fan always on, is it safe to turn it off? Or my laptop risks overheating?

Old 10-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Hp bios:fan always on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech fan View Post
So I bought an hp 15 da 1071ne, looking in his bios there is an option called fan always on, is it safe to turn it off? Or my laptop risks overheating?
If you want to know more about something, you also need to provide accurate information about your computer.
If you have bought this computer from someone and you think someone has changed the BIOS settings, there is always a "Restore Default Settings" option.
NB! Don't forgot to click F10, otherwise your changes will not be saved.
PS. If You don't know what these settings exactly do, don't make any changes. Let still the professionals do it.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Hp bios:fan always on

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalju View Post
If you want to know more about something, you also need to provide accurate information about your computer.
If you have bought this computer from someone and you think someone has changed the BIOS settings, there is always a "Restore Default Settings" option.
NB! Don't forgot to click F10, otherwise your changes will not be saved.
PS. If You don't know what these settings exactly do, don't make any changes. Let still the professionals do it.
Well it has a bios version f17, and no, no one tampered with the bios. Don't worry I never change things in bios without knowing what it does, this is why I'm asking.