How to reinstall an O/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
k, im trying to sell my g1s a1 and i was wondering how i can delete everything off the hard drive and reinstall Vista, also when i bought the laptop i didnt get the os but i got the recovery dvd so i dont actually have vista, but i have the oem vista i got with my custom build (sig) can i just use that? Also 1000$, Good price?

just format it... and then boot from the Vista CD it came with... or if you dont have the CD it actually came with, you can use a CD from another computer, as long as its the same version of vista, and as long as you use the CD-Key from the laptop's copy of vista to validate, im almost positive...
also, if its in good shape $1000 to me would be a perfectly reasonable price for a laptop like that... you might even get $1250 or more for it... depends haha... good luck :) - RK

Formatting doesn't wipe out old data and partitioning info. It's best to use a program that clears the whole drive before installing a new OS.

uhh ohh, now i have a huge problem, now i think i have a virus and i cant boot windows, i can only go into safe mode, how can i fix this problem i havent done anything to the laptop since i started this tread so im trying to reinstall vista, get everything off my hard drive and i can only do it in safe mode, i need some help!!!!!!!, and i didnt get the original cd-key from ASUS for vista, where do i find it.

OEM copies of Vista shouldn't require a key. The license is on the bios chip. So long as you use the same Vista copy that came with the laptop, Vista should install with no problems.

A must if you ever sell your computer.

If there was sensitive data on a drive, I'd just buy a new drive for the computer and keep the old drive. And if you are still gonna destroy the data, you'd have to destroy the drive physically, by breaking/melting the platters.

uhh ohh, now i have a huge problem, now i think i have a virus and i cant boot windows, i can only go into safe mode, how can i fix this problem i havent done anything to the laptop since i started this tread so im trying to reinstall vista, get everything off my hard drive and i can only do it in safe mode, i need some help!!!!!!!, and i didnt get the original cd-key from ASUS for vista, where do i find it.

ok i didnt get help to my first problem my first problem, how do i get into the bios on this laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom