how is this laptop for general use like music and basic college

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what you want to do, I say absolutely. In May of 2007 I purchased a laptop for my daughter who was going to enter college as a freshman in the Fall (yes, I am old). At my local Staples I came across a Compaq Presario (HP bought them out and produces a Compaq line). It has a slower AMD dual core chip then the one you are looking at and I upgraded the RAM from 2x512 to 2x1 gig. It has Vista.

But the bottom line is it has been rock solid and does everything she needs: class work and term papers, surfing the internet as well as researching, it plays DVD movies without a hitch, rips as well as burns CDs, she downloads music to her MP3 player, connects wirelessly and not one hiccup with all the use.

I got rid of the installed junk, jettisoned Norton and installed the free Avast antivirus and uses the Vista firewall. She is behind a router so no infections at all.

The only thing that I would say is my concern for you is the need for an extended warrenty. You may find just as good of deals at your local Staples or Office Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom