How hard is RAM on Toshiba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMKIIDub

Baseband Member
I have a basic Satellite A100-TA2.. just 1GB of RAM.

I would love to do the RAM after I get some warranty work done (DVD-RAM only reads when or what it wants.. beats me) but I was thinking of how hard RAM would be to upgrade.

In a perfect world it would be a little plate on the bottom and I would just go "click" and put new stuff in but I know it will be much harder.

Anyone done this before?!

i upgraded my ram on a gateway and it was a breeze. just unscrew the bottom and pop it in. its plug and play.

OK, thanks. I don't need new memory.. this laptop works excellent.. I was just thinking on maybe upgrading it to keep it a little more current. But I'm thinking it's a waste of time. For what I paid, 4 months later, the same computer has now doubled in technology. I would be spending so much money... I could just buy another laptop in a year from now and have one 4x better and keep this one for a beater. I was curious tho so I'm going to pokearound nad maybe if Laptop RAM gets super cheap I'll try to get some.

I just wish Vista ran as good on this thing as XP did.. man why did I have to be so horny to use that free upgrade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom