how do i take the keyboard out of my acer laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
hey guys i spilled water on my laptop keyboard recently and i need to replace it. and in order to find a replacement and put it back on i need to first find out what part number the keyboard is, and its located below the keyboard.

how do i get under the keyboard of this acer? (its an acer aspire 5573zwxmi) aspire 5570z series.

P5120020.jpg

P5120024.jpg

P5120022.jpg

I have a similar model actually. Let me inspect it and see if I can find anything.
I am almost certain your going to have to unscrew it from the bottom.

edit: didnt find anything... to google

There are 2 screws. One on each hinge. If you turn the notebook on the edge you will see one phillip's head screw on each hinge. Once you remove the screws, the plastic strip will pop off by prying from the sides. There are 2 more screws holding the keyboard.

Try that ^^

I have a similar model actually. Let me inspect it and see if I can find anything.
I am almost certain your going to have to unscrew it from the bottom.

edit: didnt find anything... to google

Try that ^^

hmmm thats what i found as well on different different sites but when i flip the laptop over i can only see one row of skrews. And they dont seem to release the top cover..

Google for a service manual. That or call or e-mail Acer and see if they can tell you where to get a service manual, or what the part # is if you give them the model # of the laptop.

hmmm thats what i found as well on different different sites but when i flip the laptop over i can only see one row of skrews. And they dont seem to release the top cover..

Google for a service manual. That or call or e-mail Acer and see if they can tell you where to get a service manual, or what the part # is if you give them the model # of the laptop.

What he said. Acer could tell you best :/

I don't normally mess with my laptop like I do to my desktop but now that I think about it I do have a lot of cat hairs and food bits (those are from family members!), so when you do the swap of keyboard for keyboard let me know how you did it!

Just from looking at your pictures, it looks like you will need to do the following.

You will need to remove this piece of plastic.
Normally these are held on by
* Screws on the back on the laptop. Easy to remove.
* Plastic Clips. Need a small flat head screw driver and it's a pain with out scatching any thing.
* All of the above

Under the piece of plastic, there should be 3 or 4 screws securing the keyboard. Undo these screws.

Then, CAREFULLY remove the keyboard. Do take care doing this as the as the there is a ribbon cable going from the keyboard to the mainboard. It's extremely easy to break the connection on the mainboard.

Please that might be wrong as different laptops come appart differently. To give a proper answer on this, I would really need to have the laptop in front of me.
Any chance that you can give me a picture of the back of the notebook.

Attachments

• 3410d1242522050-how-do-i-take-keyboard-out-my-acer-laptop-p5120020.jpg
    3410d1242522050-how-do-i-take-keyboard-out-my-acer-laptop-p5120020.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 660
Just from looking at your pictures, it looks like you will need to do the following.

You will need to remove this piece of plastic.
Normally these are held on by
* Screws on the back on the laptop. Easy to remove.
* Plastic Clips. Need a small flat head screw driver and it's a pain with out scatching any thing.
* All of the above

Under the piece of plastic, there should be 3 or 4 screws securing the keyboard. Undo these screws.

Then, CAREFULLY remove the keyboard. Do take care doing this as the as the there is a ribbon cable going from the keyboard to the mainboard. It's extremely easy to break the connection on the mainboard.

Please that might be wrong as different laptops come appart differently. To give a proper answer on this, I would really need to have the laptop in front of me.
Any chance that you can give me a picture of the back of the notebook.

thanks for all your replies guys, keyboard cowboy- the top plastic panel thing is from the top of the keyboard keys till the bottom edge of the screen.

anyway here are some photos of the back. i tried taking out the screws near the battery and lifting the panel but it didn't quite pop-out so i didn't push it.

Attachments

• P5180020.jpg
    P5180020.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 634
  • P5180021.jpg
    P5180021.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 626
  • P5180022.jpg
    P5180022.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 623
  • P5180023.jpg
    P5180023.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 615
Hello,

I used to have an Acer Aspire 5000 series notebook (an Aspire 5051AWXMi) which I dissected.

If I can recall, I think the screws which you want to remove (in order to pry out the 'switch' panel above the keyboard) are located in the battery bay, beneath the battery - you'll need to remove the battery. If you are unsure, post a picture of the battery bay.

I am thinking the same too where there might be more scews in the battery bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom