how do i take the keyboard out of my acer laptop. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team

Unhappy how do i take the keyboard out of my acer laptop.

hey guys i spilled water on my laptop keyboard recently and i need to replace it. and in order to find a replacement and put it back on i need to first find out what part number the keyboard is, and its located below the keyboard.

how do i get under the keyboard of this acer? (its an acer aspire 5573zwxmi) aspire 5570z series.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Drizzt
Default Re: how do i take the keyboard out of my acer laptop.

I have a similar model actually. Let me inspect it and see if I can find anything.
I am almost certain your going to have to unscrew it from the bottom.

edit: didnt find anything... to google

Quote:
There are 2 screws. One on each hinge. If you turn the notebook on the edge you will see one phillip's head screw on each hinge. Once you remove the screws, the plastic strip will pop off by prying from the sides. There are 2 more screws holding the keyboard.
Try that ^^

Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPG991 View Post
I have a similar model actually. Let me inspect it and see if I can find anything.
I am almost certain your going to have to unscrew it from the bottom.

edit: didnt find anything... to google

Try that ^^
hmmm thats what i found as well on different different sites but when i flip the laptop over i can only see one row of skrews. And they dont seem to release the top cover..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Private Joker

Google for a service manual. That or call or e-mail Acer and see if they can tell you where to get a service manual, or what the part # is if you give them the model # of the laptop.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Drizzt

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenge2 View Post
hmmm thats what i found as well on different different sites but when i flip the laptop over i can only see one row of skrews. And they dont seem to release the top cover..
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Google for a service manual. That or call or e-mail Acer and see if they can tell you where to get a service manual, or what the part # is if you give them the model # of the laptop.
What he said. Acer could tell you best :/

I don't normally mess with my laptop like I do to my desktop but now that I think about it I do have a lot of cat hairs and food bits (those are from family members!), so when you do the swap of keyboard for keyboard let me know how you did it!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Just from looking at your pictures, it looks like you will need to do the following.

You will need to remove this piece of plastic.
Normally these are held on by
* Screws on the back on the laptop. Easy to remove.
* Plastic Clips. Need a small flat head screw driver and it's a pain with out scatching any thing.
* All of the above

Under the piece of plastic, there should be 3 or 4 screws securing the keyboard. Undo these screws.

Then, CAREFULLY remove the keyboard. Do take care doing this as the as the there is a ribbon cable going from the keyboard to the mainboard. It's extremely easy to break the connection on the mainboard.

Please that might be wrong as different laptops come appart differently. To give a proper answer on this, I would really need to have the laptop in front of me.
Any chance that you can give me a picture of the back of the notebook.

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboard Cowboy View Post
Just from looking at your pictures, it looks like you will need to do the following.

You will need to remove this piece of plastic.
Normally these are held on by
* Screws on the back on the laptop. Easy to remove.
* Plastic Clips. Need a small flat head screw driver and it's a pain with out scatching any thing.
* All of the above

Under the piece of plastic, there should be 3 or 4 screws securing the keyboard. Undo these screws.

Then, CAREFULLY remove the keyboard. Do take care doing this as the as the there is a ribbon cable going from the keyboard to the mainboard. It's extremely easy to break the connection on the mainboard.

Please that might be wrong as different laptops come appart differently. To give a proper answer on this, I would really need to have the laptop in front of me.
Any chance that you can give me a picture of the back of the notebook.
thanks for all your replies guys, keyboard cowboy- the top plastic panel thing is from the top of the keyboard keys till the bottom edge of the screen.

anyway here are some photos of the back. i tried taking out the screws near the battery and lifting the panel but it didn't quite pop-out so i didn't push it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5180020.jpg (94.7 KB, 634 views)
File Type: jpg P5180021.jpg (96.0 KB, 626 views)
File Type: jpg P5180022.jpg (93.1 KB, 623 views)
File Type: jpg P5180023.jpg (95.8 KB, 615 views)
Old 05-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie

Hello,

I used to have an Acer Aspire 5000 series notebook (an Aspire 5051AWXMi) which I dissected.

If I can recall, I think the screws which you want to remove (in order to pry out the 'switch' panel above the keyboard) are located in the battery bay, beneath the battery - you'll need to remove the battery. If you are unsure, post a picture of the battery bay.

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

I am thinking the same too where there might be more scews in the battery bay.

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 05-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboard Cowboy View Post
I am thinking the same too where there might be more scews in the battery bay.
oh ok, hmm i did look in it before but i didn't see anything then. but ill post a picture soon.

Closed Thread