how do i put an nvidia card inside my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterrEugene

Beta member
So my dad gave me an assignment to try fix this laptop... it is an HP Pavillion dv6000..its currently broken. The laptop turns on but the screen remains black or something.

Anyways appaerently the laptop has been waterdamaged and my dad thinks that by putting this card(nVIDIA NF-G8150-N-A2) or (nVIDIA NF-G6150-N-82) may fix it..it is hard to tell whether it is a 8 or 6...

Hopefully someone out there has more understanding to this than I do. Someone pls help

And thank u

Well unfortunately a laptop is not like a desktop where you can just put another graphics card in it. A laptop has a built in graphics card with the motherboard so the card that your dad gave to you is no good. You can try to reset the bios and see if that fixes it, but you would have to look on the hp website to see how to do it. Otherwise you can try and get a new motherboard from hp, but most likely a new laptop is your only choice.

So my dad gave me an assignment to try fix this laptop... it is an HP Pavillion dv6000..its currently broken. The laptop turns on but the screen remains black or something.

Anyways appaerently the laptop has been waterdamaged and my dad thinks that by putting this card(nVIDIA NF-G8150-N-A2) or (nVIDIA NF-G6150-N-82) may fix it..it is hard to tell whether it is a 8 or 6...

Hopefully someone out there has more understanding to this than I do. Someone pls help

And thank u
Unless it's the same graphics card as you have in there already and it isn't integrated into the motherboard, you probably can't.

Is the screen really black? Or is it just very dark?
Is there a light change at all?
If you look really closely at the screen in a decently lit room, can you see anything?
It may just be a dead backlight, or dead inverter.
Don't go jumping the gun thinking it's the GPU just yet, it's actually more common for the backlight to be dead.
Also, do fans spin? Do any lights come on?

Agreed, hook up a monitor to see if possible the screen is dead.

As others have said, you can't replace a graphics card on 99% of laptops. Unfortunately your HP falls within the 99% that can't.

I gave ya'll the wrong info. Sorry. The laptop turns on for about 2 seconds then shuts down.

I did not hook up the moniter because the laptop could not stay on.

And the nvidia card is the same one as the one in the laptop. Any suggestions? Should I replace the nvidia card inside the laptop with the other one which is the same? If so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom