How do I enable my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 M graphics card?

Toby123456789

Beta member
Product Name: HP Omen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP Omen; Gaming Laptop;

How do I enable my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 M graphics card?

6 months ago I bought an HP Omen and it said it has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 M graphics card. But when I play games it's not very fast so when I went into my display settings it's said I was using an Intel 530. When I went into display adapters it says I have both grahics cards so I want to know how to enable my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 M instead of the Intel 530. Thank you for the help!

In dedicated/integrated setups like Optimus, usually the built-in display will use the integrated (in this case, Intel) GPU. However, when graphics intensive applications, such as games, are ran, then it will auto-switch to the dedicated (in your case, nVidia 960M).

You can override this behavior for specific applications to make sure and force run it with the dedicated GPU, however. Open up the NVidia Control Panel, go to the 3D (or Performance I can't remember which), settings, and it should allow you to select options per application. Either find your application in the list or add the EXE to the list, and then set the option to "always use NVidia GPU" or "High Performance" mode.

Also, what games are you playing where they're "not very fast"? and at what settings are you playing them at? If they're graphics-intensive enough games, it could just be that the 960M isn't powerful enough to run them.

No problem, glad that sorted it.

Keep in mind that when you update your Nvidia drivers if you choose the "Clean install" option during update, it will clear those settings.

Or, you could simpy use GeForce experience and let it update the drivers without clearing all your settings :D

Manually updating drivers won't clear it either - unless you choose the "Clean install" checkbox during install. This option is selectable both during manual install & through GFE.

First of all keep your IGPU enabled. Go to Nvidia's Control panel, 3d settings, set Global setting to auto.In the 3d settings go to CSGO profile and select “High performance Nvidia processor”.

Back
Top Bottom