How can I delete Uploaded Background Picture

@nline

Baseband Member
Please accept my apology if I posted my question to a wrong place.

This about that how can I delete "Uploaded Desktop Background Picture" from another HDD?

I set a pictures as my laptop Background. I just cannot find this image on my PC. Because that time I were connected to another HDD. There was that image. I didn`t copy or saved this image. But that image is only available into "Desktop Background Wallpapers" Now I want to delete that image. But its not possible at all:confused:

When I go to C:\windows\web\wallpapers. I even cannot find it there.

I am using Windows 10. How can I remove this image from My PC Background Wallpapers?

Sorry for my poor english.:confused:

In Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper
the value of that key is the path to the current wallpaper. So set your background to that one that you want to remove, then in registry editor you can find it's path.

Or try looking in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes for a file called TranscodedWallpaper. I think that windows creates this file when you set a background from a program. I'm not completely sure though. Back it up just in case.

To add some more specific instructions:
1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run console.
2. Type "regedit" and press enter
3. Browse to the key crazyman mentioned (Click folders HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop, then look for a key called Wallpaper) and you'll see the path to the file that your desktop is set to. From there you can just browse to that path in windows explorer and delete it

Re transcodedwallpaper, the key mentioned above will point to that file anyway if it indeed has been set like that, so instructions above will work regardless :)

Thanks for the support Gentlemen.

@S0ULphIRE,
I did the same as you suggested. It was very easy to do that way.
I can see the path there.

The question is that, shall I right click and choose "delete" from there?
2ndly, I just didn't understood about what to do in Windows Explorer? I just cannot open this image there.

EDIT: Well, I deleted that path after I choose this with right click and there was option to delete it. I did that and rebooted my PC.

But that image is still available to wallpapers to set as PC`s Background :(
What does it mean "From there you can just browse to that path in windows explorer and delete it"??? How can I browse that path into Windows Explorer for to delete it?

Last edited:
Well for example here's mine, you can see the path is "C:\Users\User\Desktop\4cZS3Uw.jpg"
x0Q7H3J.png

So in my case would double-click My Computer then, double click the C:\ drive, then double click the "Users" folder, then double click the "User" folder, then double click the "Desktop" folder, then look for a file called "x0Q7H3J.png" and right click on it and delete it.

Thanks again!

Well, I am still not able to find this path there! I did the sane as you informed. I did the same. But cannot find it there.
The only way I can find it what you written into your first post like: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop, then look for a key called Wallpaper).
Here I can see the path. I even can delete it via right click option. I already did that. But the path/image is still there into wallpapers set as Background.

EIDT: All is okay now.:cool:
I just copy its address then past into "search" then went to its folder and then I deleted. So now its no longer there.

Thanks a lot for the support. Proud to be member of this great forum.:)

Attachments

• 20160523_145620.jpg
    20160523_145620.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom