How can I boot my laptop from my SD card using an adapter?

Crenewer

In Runtime
I already know how to access the BIOS to do that but, it doesn't recognize my SD card with the adapter, only a USB, and I only have a 2GB USB, which it isn't enough for what I intend to use it to.
Is there any way to make my BIOS recognize it?

If it's not listed as a boot option then no.

Just go buy a bigger flash drive - they're cheap nowadays for even something like a 32gig stick.

Well, I can insert the SD card in my phone, connect it to my laptop with a cable and it pretty much can work as a USB but, I have to press the "connect to pc via storage" button in my phone, and the response time between doing that and reaching the BIOS, it's not enough time to recognize it.

Last edited:
Well, I can insert the SD card in my phone, connect it to my laptop with a cable and it pretty much can work as a USB but, I have to press the "connect to pc via storage" button in my phone, and the response time between doing that and reaching the BIOS, it's not enough time to recognize it.

Doubt that would work anyway, because I'm sure the phone is sending the "signal" as an MTP device, and not an actual "drive".

I can tell you that I've installed an OS many times on this laptop using that method. I don't do it anymore because the phone I used for it broke, and the current one takes more time to show that little message to connect.

Back
Top Bottom