High Res, Multi Monitor "Battle Station" from Laptop

cwlondon

Beta member
Hello Everyone,

For a few years now, I have been using a Lenovo T430s, with an upgraded graphics card,16 GB of memory and generally good results.

I upgraded from a smaller laptop only because this T430s can do the following:

1) Dock into its own "docking station" and immediately synch with all external devices including keyboard, mouse and external (USB) audio etc

2) More importantly (although not easy to figure out despite hours of "tech support") it can drive from the dock THREE EXTERNAL monitors in 1080p.

Therefore, I have an array of three, 27" Samsung curved monitors at home and/or the office and/or garage and/or anywhere I want.

Provided I have extra docks, these creates a seamless and totally immersive environment where I can configure the peripheral devices, computer speakers exactly as I like them.

Meanwhile, I can also click, pick up and go with my laptop if traveling, or moving away from my desk to a sofa or chair.

I think this is so perfect that I would like be able to

a) drive even more monitors and/or
b) drive, bigger and higher resolution monitors such as 4K and/or
c) drive bigger OLED monitors such at the LG monitors

But for c) these devices usually have HDMI inputs rather than Display Port or mini Display Port.

However, ideally without getting too big or too heavy with the laptop - so I would rather not have the much heavier and thicker "workstation" as sold by Lenovo.

It seems not many people do this - because I am not able to have this conversation with anyone including the "Geniuses" at the Apple Stores.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to best create dockable, high res multi monitor battle stations with a relatively sleek laptop?

In this case, I might even consider Apple if the new MacBook Pros might achieve such a feat, provided I could run Windows with equal simplicity and ease, please.

Thanks for any ideas.

Back
Top Bottom