High-end laptop

Wish I could upgrade the display to 120hz

Holy **** that doesnt even have the OS or storage at that default price of 1600. This site's customization is sooo bad for my wallet hahaha.. I made a few clicks and its already 3 grand

I should really get a macbook pro
It's 1600 because Xeon and Quadro and what I linked had a 2TB SSHD for 1600. These laptops make Macbooks look like bling toys.

For 100 more this base model is already leagues ahead of the Macbook lol.
http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,429,0)SkyX9C

1070 desktop chip, 8700k, 32GB of RAM, 17" IPS screen. Oof And not to mention, no thermal throttle after 5 minutes of load.

Last edited:
It's 1600 because Xeon and Quadro and what I linked had a 2TB SSHD for 1600. These laptops make Macbooks look like bling toys.

For 100 more this base model is already leagues ahead of the Macbook lol.
EUROCOM Sky X9C Configure

1070 desktop chip, 8700k, 32GB of RAM, 17" IPS screen. Oof And not to mention, no thermal throttle after 5 minutes of load.

Yea.. see for these machines you end up paying for hardware when my ultimate goal is a software function. I'm really not even wanting to be gaming on this machine - separation of church and state and all. The only reason I'm even considering spending a few grand on a laptop was because I was considering a macbook pro for Logic Pro to begin with. Otherwise just I could get a reasonably priced windows machine and spend a bit more on the software by getting Cubase (what I'm more familiar with) for recording. Otherwise this machine is only really going to be a mobile workstation for playing music at events. I dont really need the most ridiculous laptop on the market to do that. So if I'm considering a windows machine then it will be to save money. I have no use for a powerhouse windows laptop. Admittedly its something I do to myself with the customization options sites like that have. I figure "Well if i'm going to drop 2 grand on a laptop I'm going to want the screen to have 120hz" ... +$200 ... "And sh!t, there's no reason to have a 128 or even 256 gb SSD anymore I'll need at least 512, my iPad has THAT much!" ... +500$ ... "I know i'm going to have a lot of recordings which filled up my last SSD so I will need a 2nd drive for storage" ... +$250 ... "oh **** this doesn't even include windows and I need pro" ... +$200 .... Weird I started at 2000 and now I'm at almost 4 grand again and haven't even went through all the options lol

Mac is far more than a bling toy imo even when still compared to the clearly better specs these models have. Bang for the buck there's no comparing horsepower between anything windows and anything mac. Mac will never compete there. Although functionality wise: managing all my apple gear, keeping my priorities straight (as in not being able to run PUBG on the laptop), and being able to produce music even when I'm on the go - are all the pluses that make me keep coming back to a macbook pro. Sure I'll spend a few grand and NOT have a powerhouse - but I'll have the functionality I want even though I would be struggling with the usb-c issue and an unfamiliar OS.

Yea.. see for these machines you end up paying for hardware when my ultimate goal is a software function. I'm really not even wanting to be gaming on this machine - separation of church and state and all. The only reason I'm even considering spending a few grand on a laptop was because I was considering a macbook pro for Logic Pro to begin with. Otherwise just I could get a reasonably priced windows machine and spend a bit more on the software by getting Cubase (what I'm more familiar with) for recording. Otherwise this machine is only really going to be a mobile workstation for playing music at events. I dont really need the most ridiculous laptop on the market to do that. So if I'm considering a windows machine then it will be to save money. I have no use for a powerhouse windows laptop. Admittedly its something I do to myself with the customization options sites like that have. I figure "Well if i'm going to drop 2 grand on a laptop I'm going to want the screen to have 120hz" ... +$200 ... "And sh!t, there's no reason to have a 128 or even 256 gb SSD anymore I'll need at least 512, my iPad has THAT much!" ... +500$ ... "I know i'm going to have a lot of recordings which filled up my last SSD so I will need a 2nd drive for storage" ... +$250 ... "oh **** this doesn't even include windows and I need pro" ... +$200 .... Weird I started at 2000 and now I'm at almost 4 grand again and haven't even went through all the options lol

Mac is far more than a bling toy imo even when still compared to the clearly better specs these models have. Bang for the buck there's no comparing horsepower between anything windows and anything mac. Mac will never compete there. Although functionality wise: managing all my apple gear, keeping my priorities straight (as in not being able to run PUBG on the laptop), and being able to produce music even when I'm on the go - are all the pluses that make me keep coming back to a macbook pro. Sure I'll spend a few grand and NOT have a powerhouse - but I'll have the functionality I want even though I would be struggling with the usb-c issue and an unfamiliar OS.

Even as a Mac / Apple fanboy (well, not so much anymore, but... I mean... iFargle is my name...), I'd steer clear of the newer MacBooks. The keyboards are horrendous. I'll hold onto my 2015 rMBP until it dies, then buy something to install RHEL / CentOS on.

Need to make up your mind. First you're talking about spending 4 grand on a Mac just because it's a Mac and now you're penny and diming the best notebook money can buy because you need to add an SSD to it.

You have no use for a powerhouse Mac either, if that's what's to be suggested for Windows. You can get Logic for Windows, and you've admitted several times that you're more familiar with Cubase. The answer is logical yet you want to make excuses in favor of the Mac just because you want a Mac. If that's the case, why even make a thread? Just buy a Mac. You'll realize like everybody else and myself it's a piece of ****.

Even as a Mac / Apple fanboy (well, not so much anymore, but... I mean... iFargle is my name...), I'd steer clear of the newer MacBooks. The keyboards are horrendous. I'll hold onto my 2015 rMBP until it dies, then buy something to install RHEL / CentOS on.
There's also this point. I almost forgot about all the reviewers complaining about the keyboard.

Edit:
Sorry that sounded really snarky, terrible week at work so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom