Help w/Laptop Cooling Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abgrund

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a Dell XPS M1710 and I live in an extremely hot apartment. As such, the laptop has been over-heating during a couple of the games that I play.

I have a fan running behind the laptop, but that doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know of any good cooling options? I've been looking at laptop cooling pads, but I've had a hard time trying to determine which is the best to purchase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for the response.

I downloaded the program and forced the fans to run constantly. I think I did it right anyway... the temps dropped by about 10c.

I am also looking for a cooling pad that sucks the heat away, rather than blowing air into the laptop.

Thank you!

Thank you for the response.

I am also looking for a cooling pad that sucks the heat away, rather than blowing air into the laptop.

Thank you!

You are making a mistake by getting the wrong cooler. You need a cooler that blows the same direction as the laptops fans. With the cpu/cooler fans bucking each other a vacuum will be created thus a hotter CPU/GPU. The bottom of my M1710 never gets hot.

You are making a mistake by getting the wrong cooler. You need a cooler that blows the same direction as the laptops fans. With the cpu/cooler fans bucking each other a vacuum will be created thus a hotter CPU/GPU. The bottom of my M1710 never gets hot.

Oh, I misread your original response. I will look for the one you are suggesting.

Thanks again!

If you look at the reviews for coolers at Newegg, you'll see many of the negative reviews are from the ones who got coolers that blew the wrong direction. Strange that the reviews are the only place where you'll find which direction the fans blow. None of the coolers I know of allow the fans to be reversed.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

The model I chose has an AC adapter for the fan power. I don't like the USB powered ones because USB devices that require power just add to the heat generated the laptops 5v power supply.

Yeah, I was having a hard time figuring out which the fans blew when I was looking through coolers on Newegg.

It is indeed strange that the product specifications never mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom