Help please. My keyboard won't work.

battleof3

Baseband Member
I was hoping someone could help me with my laptop's keyboard. I have a used Toshiba Satellite A215-S7437. The laptop had been getting VERY hot (the plastic underside started to melt once), so I bought a can of compressed air, took the laptop apart, and cleaned it out. The temperatures are miles better. However, after reassembling the laptop, I noticed that the keyboard wasn't working properly. Some of the keys would have system inputs when pressed, some wouldn't. This was fine, as I have a wireless keyboard as well, but I don't like using it. I disassembled it once more, cleaned it out again, and made sure the keyboard was connected properly. And it was.
So, for a couple days, I just used the wireless keyboard. However, I noticed that once the laptop gets warm, the keyboard works again. Say when I play Minecaft, my laptop will peak at about 72 degrees Celsius, and the keyboard works. However, not all the number keys and F# keys work. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for this. :silly:

-------------------------------Much appreciation and love,
Devon

P.S. - I'm running Linux Lite 2.0, if that makes any difference. Although I doubt it would, as this seems hardware-related.

Hello, I am new here, but I recently bought not one, but two bluetooth keyboards for my ipad 4.

They were both of a similar type to this mass-remarketed, one:

Amazon.com: Anker® Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard for iPad Air, iPad mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tabs and Other Mobile Devices (White) T300: Computers & Accessories

Both of them take AAA batteries. I put two, brandnew, tested, batteries in and turned it on, at which point, the little light is supposed to come on, but nothing happened. It was the same for both keyboards. NO reaction, whatsoever. The ipad would not pick it up, either.

Can someone please recommend a different bluetooth keyboard.
(Please note, I have the ipad in a lifeproof case, so one of those keyboard-case combos, won't do.)

Back
Top Bottom