Help PLease

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpoolie

Beta member
my laptop doesnt work.........basically you can turn it on then when you get the desktop you cant do any thing, canot open any program, cant open start memu, keyboard short cuts wont open anything either.

any assistance tog et it working again would be valued as important documents on there

Sounds like Windows is corrupted. I'd try Safe Mode, and if that doesn't work, use a LiveCD Linux or PE Windows CD to copy your important files off of your hard drive onto a backup media (CD, another hard drive, the Internet, USB disk, etc). After that you can reinstall Windows (it wipes your hard drive so you must back up your files) and then copy all your files back on to the new setup.

thanks, erm i've tried turning it onto today and no longer has that problem....but i will bear that in mind for future.....it now comes up with an error something to do with dcom and says its shutting down in 60 seconds so i cannot do anything to do on screen to try resolve this.

If you can, go into cmd and type the command "shutdown -a" That will abort that auto shutdown sequence.

You have to reinstall your windows. But before reinstalling, you should save all what you need in safe mode.

You have to reinstall your windows. But before reinstalling, you should save all what you need in safe mode.

No. A reinstall is the LAST option. Always. There are plenty of things that can be done long before a reinstall is required. Escpically on XP. Vista there isnt that many options.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom