Help picking out a new laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Samasung Series 9 is a awesome choice, from a craftsmanship and design standpoint it is possibly the best laptop ever made and offers superb specs all around despite being one of the thinnest laptops avilable. It's actually better than you would think at gaming too, the Intel HD 3000 slightly outperforms the Geforce 310 in several of the benchmarks I looked at. You also need to keep in mind that the Series 9 has a Sandy Bridge processor. That said if you want the best overall performance #3 is the way to go.

I strongly disagree about the hybrid drives, they offer mediocre performance and don't deliver anything close to the speed of a real SSD.

I'm still in love with the Samsung Series 9 laptop design, it's so sleek and thin, but the only thing I am afraid of is it's performance and power. A majority of the people I talk to says that the integrated graphics processor is just not that good to be paying $1600 for. Would it be enough for some gaming though, such as MMORPG's along the standards of Aion/Rift and such? The 3rd choice is definitely better on all levels, just not design and weight. If the power behind the Series 9 is actually decent, I might overlook the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom