Help Needed - Borken Laptop Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAtomic

Beta member
Howdy, hopefully someone here can help me with a little predicament... About a month ago I bought a new HP Pavilion laptop, a dv6000t series to be exact. [EXACT MODEL HERE] Unfortunately though there was a small accident and I have broken the LCD display on the laptop. All other components work except the display.

So since it is not under warranty, HP want me to pay $800 to get the **** thing fixed. Now I know how to install a new laptop display, but my question is that does anybody happen to know whether if I were to buy something like this, whether it's going to work on my laptop? That particular one is the same type (Pavilion), but unfortunately not the same model and series. But it's the same screen size and specs, so I'm hoping it will.

Essentially the question I'm asking is, when it comes to 15.4" laptop displays, do all displays happen to fit into any laptop or does every model laptop have different places for screws and display sizes and stuff.

Thanks.

Normally they're pretty specific. Yay for proprietary hardware! Let me check out a couple of laptop screen sites I know are good and see if they ship internationally. I don't know anything about buying in AU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom