Help me Pick a Labtop!!! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: Help me Pick a Labtop!!!

Dells are good for the person who doesn't really do much with their computer in terms of upgrading and messing with. if you just use it for what it's "supposed" to be used for, which is just like email, word processing, email, and all that kind of stuff, then totally go with a dell. As far as reliability goes, from what I've heard their so-so and same with upgrading, but they work well at what their supposed to do, and their dirt cheap.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

sorry i havnt replied in a while, and sorry about the stupid links..

she wants a light, good looking, SLIM labtop. I was recommended away from dell for a good reason, there based online so if it breaks down you cant go to a store to get it repaired.

but anyway, she wants to do word proccesing and listen to music, not much more.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

The D420 is what she would like then, the tech guy's (i believe your English so you should be familiar with them) have a deal with Dell as dose curry's you can book them in for repair an health check.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

you can get some nice HP's or Compaq's that are thin. Or she could get an ultra-portable IBM or something. But thier a bit more expensive.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Closed Thread