Help me find a gaming laptop under $1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would not recommand any nvidia card in a laptop thier desktop card are great but thier laptop cards have a life expectancy of 2 years on normal condition let alone heavy gaming this issue began with the 8800 mobility and has been continuing untill now Dell/alienware ditched nvidia on thier m17x-R2 because of it and we are now begining to ear issue about the 260/280 in the m17x-R1

asus is also know as "reversed MXM" or "driver issue du to unsuported modification done to the graphic card original desing" (faling cooling is also used sometime)

also yeah a non quad and non CFX/SLi setup can cost under 1800 how ever i sugest investigate a long time befor making a purchase such as a gaming lappy

i have no experience with acer how ever so the choise is your's

I stand by ASUS till I die. Cooling is a problem on any laptop, not manufacturer dependent. You need to to keep the GPU cool too give it a prolonged life. When you stress any laptop to its fullest, you will get problems.

I hope you don't mean looking at Newegg review.s :lol: That is retarded. (j/k) But yes, read many reviews to weigh out the good and the bad before you decide.

Acers are better than they were a few years ago. They were using the cheap stuff. They are a lot better now.

wait this thing had a faire review ;p C&C4 by the users of course

no i'm talking about tom's HW reviews etc and even then look at many of thier review for each site some are biaised towards thier prefered brands or just toward the one they know how to use properly EG at NBR some one tested and the 480m is equal to the 5870 mobility given they have the same cpu at notebook cheq the 480m is listed higher but in thier test tey used a desktop I7 for the 480m and a 840QM for the 5870 mob

No offense, but it takes more than 7 days to research. You could have saved us a ton of money if you signed up earlier.

Help me find a Gaming Laptop with no price cap Part 2

Hey all,

I had a similar post up looking for a good gaming laptop under $1100 and I came across some good machines. I've decided to just drop the money and get the best that I can without being stupid. I think the amount I was trying to budget might not work.

Now I found this one that I did like.
Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Qosmio X505-Q860 NoteBook Intel Core i5 430M(2.26GHz) 18.4" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M
It was recommended by a few people and it is decent. It has a 18 inch screen that I would love.

So now what I am seeking is a 17 inch or more, hopefully a solid state drive for the OS( not a must ), and one of the following video cards.

1. Geforce Gtx 480m SLI
2. Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Crossfire
3. Geforce GTX 285M SLI
4. Geforce GTX 280M SLI
5. Mobility Radeon HD 4870 x2
6. Geforce GTX 480M
7. Geforce GTX 260M SLI
8. Geforce 9800M GTX SLI
9. Mobility Radeon HD 5870

I'm not looking for anything used or 3rd party. So any ideas?

Errr ha no. I wasn't going by their reviews. I was recommended by people on other forums. Either way since, then I have decided to get this laptop instead and skip my price cap.

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM, 1.60-2.80GHz, (45nm, 6MB L3 cache)
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD5870 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
4,096MB DDR3 1066MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS) (Requires 64-Bit to utilize Full 4GB)
320GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included

Sager NP8760 - XOTIC PC - (Built on Clevo W870CU) np8760 Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom