Help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoobbuilder

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm looking at a variety of laptops as I'm considering getting a new one soon. I'm looking to buy one for between £300-£350. My use for the laptop will be general use as well as occasional gaming like minecraft and call of duty, yes i'm aware laptops aren't the best option for gaming but I haven't the room for a desktop.

This is what I've found so far:

1) ADVENT Monza N1 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | Pcworld £329.99
Specs:
Processor AMD Dual-Core AthlonTM II N330
- 2.3GHz
- 2300 MHz
- 512MB cache memory
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
RAM 6GB
- DDR3
- 1333MHz
- 8GB maximum expandable memory
Graphics card Integrated ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD 4250
- Up to 512MB (System Memory)
Hard drive 500GB

2) HP Pavilion g6-1325ea 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | Pcworld £329.00
Specs:
Processor AMD Dual-Core E2-3000M (1.8 GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache)
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64
RAM 4 GB (Expandable to 6 GB)
Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6380G Discrete-Class
Hard drive 500GB

3) HP Pavilion G6-1334sa 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | Pcworld £329.97
Specs:
Processor AMD Dual-Core E2-3000M
- 1 MB L2 cache
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64
RAM 8GB
Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6380G Discrete-Class
Hard drive 750GB

4) Asus X53Z Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com £339.99
Specs:
Processor
AMD Quad Core A6-3400 1.4GHz
1333 MHz processor bus
AMD A70M Chipset
Memory
4GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
Configuration 2 x 2GB
2 x soDIMM
Hard Drive
320GB SATA 5400rpm
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6520G Built-in

Now as you can probably see for yourself, they are all very similar yet very different and I just don't have the knowledge of the CPU's and GPU's to decide which one just tops the other. Maybe you have an even better suggestion, appreciate any advice thanks :) I personally think the asus wins but I'd rather ask you beforehand

Never heard of Advent. I stay away from HP at all costs. That ASUS doesn't look bad. Where are you buying from?

My current laptop at the moment is an advent funnily enough and when I first purchased it, I was given a completely faulty one and it's not been the best of laptops but I've had good use out of it. Yeah the ASUS is the one that I always end up going back to look at. The AMD quad core and the AMD graphics card seem to be unbeatable in this price range. I'm buying from the UK

Yeah I had a look at some videos on youtube of the laptops with the same specs (other than RAM) as the ASUS running some fairly demanding games and they seem to pull it off quite well so I might just give it a go. Thanks a lot

Before I go ahead with that, I have to throw this into the equation after finding a link from youtube to it:
Amazon.com: lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (129929U) Notebook AMD A-Series A6-3400M(1.4GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW AMD Radeon HD 6520G: Electronics which appears to have the same processor and graphics card as the asus but with 500gb harddrive and works out to be just under £300 with delivery (using google dollar - pound converter)
Opinion on Lenovo laptops? vs asus

Apologizing for double post however I decided that the lenovo is out of the question because I literally cannot find it anywhere in the UK.
On the other hand I found this beauty Acer Aspire 5560 NX.RNTEK.001 which has a very slightly better CPU than the ASUS (I think) as it has a A6-3420M quad core 1.5ghz rather than the ASUS's A6-3400G 1.4ghz. Also it has a bigger hard drive and it's cheaper! The reason I'm having doubts is because it doesn't mention what GPU is has other than describing it as "Integrated (Graphics Supporting 224MB)" and when I looked at the same laptop on ebuyer.com it doesn't mention the graphics card atall. I read on notebookcheck.com that the A6-3420M has built in AMD radeon 6520 graphics but that page looked as if it was copied and pasted from the A6-3400 page (it says it has 1.4ghz just like the A6-3400 when in actual fact it has 1.5ghz) and so this makes me think that the information could be wrong?

Sorry for life story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom