Help me choose an MSI Computer? Apache vs Dominator

mjsimet

Solid State Member
I'd say the Dominator would be more worth it looking at the benchmarks for the 870m.

There's also the possibility of upgrading to the GTX 970m or 980m if MSI comes out with an official upgrade kit for the GT70 series (they did for the GT72 series) - tho if you don't care about your warranty, there's also some people that got it to work by modding their heatsink and plugging right in and then using a modified driver:
The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread

I'd say the Dominator would be more worth it looking at the benchmarks for the 870m.

There's also the possibility of upgrading to the GTX 970m or 980m if MSI comes out with an official upgrade kit for the GT70 series (they did for the GT72 series) - tho if you don't care about your warranty, there's also some people that got it to work by modding their heatsink and plugging right in and then using a modified driver:
The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread

This is exactly what I was thinking, Just wanted to hear someone else say it. thank you!

No problem.

For what it's worth... I'm enjoying my GT70; though it's not a Dominator edition, and only has a 770m. Thinking about upgrading to the 970m at some point though, using the procedure I posted above.

Hmm, I'm not quite that tech savy, at least not at the moment. Glad you're enjoying this model though. Appreciate the info.

Back
Top Bottom