Help me buy a laptop please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFL_A_PIGGY

In Runtime
I am looking to buy a laptop in the price range of $700-1000.

I would like to use it for gaming a lot, movies, etc, a lot of times while lying down/sitting up in bed, sitting at the desk/table, and also for bringing to lecture.

I would like it to be able to play games like skyrim on high (at least medium) with no lag, and starcraft 2/Heroes of Newerth type games in high with no lag.

Oh and also it would be a HUGE plus (pretty much a necessity)if it has a backlit keyboard or the ability for me to install a custom backlit one, because I'm in the lower bunk in a bunk bed so I don't tend to get a lot of light. I need to in some way be able to see the keys when it's dark.

Thanks in advance. :big_smile:

EDIT: Would this laptop do the trick? this one or would this one?

Sorry, but laptops are not for gaming. You will have a huge heat problem. Yes, you can game, but I don't think you'll get on high settings.

I think that Toshiba will be your best bet.

That's ok, I don't actually play games like Skyrim, I pretty much only play starcraft 2/Heroes of Newerth, so it should be fine. Thank you for input. Could you maybe explain why it's better than the other one?

Mainly because the Toshiba has a i7, while the Dell has an i5. And the 540m and 550m difference is very slight. Less RAM, but you can always upgrade it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom