Help....Laptop does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rams9

Solid State Member
I have a HP mini laptop that does not bootup, all i am getting is a balckscreen with the error message that says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in a selected boot device and press any key. can someone please help me to resolve this situation. Thanks!

Remove any usb key drives, flash drives, cd, floppy, etc.. from it and see if that works.

Go into the bios and make sure your hard drive is selected as the 1st boot device.

The hard drive may have died.

Thanks, I have tried all of that, I just was hoping that there was something else that I could try. What do u think it would cost for another hard drive and how difficult is it to replace? (Never did one)

It's easy to physically install the hard drive. It can be a little harder to re-install the operating system, do you have the system recovery cd/dvd? What is the make and model# of your laptop, is it a old laptop or is it fairly new? I think you should be able to get a new hard drive for around $50 depending upon how much storage space you need.

The laptop did not come with a cd/dvd it does not have a cd rom. It is a hp mini 110 series and it,s fairly new about a 1yr old.

Didn't know that, Is it possible that u can walk me thru that process? If so I greatly appreciate it.

After POST it should say what key to press for Recovery Console. It is normally F11 or F12. After you log into it, you should be alright, just follow the prompts.

Now that I think of it, you could do a System Restore. It restores Windows to another date, your personal files will stay. Press F9 to get into a list of options. Choose System Restore. (something like that)

When I turn the computer on it jus give the option of f9= change boot device order and f10= Bios setup option, Now when I press f9 after the post nothing happens it's only when I press f10 that I'm able to perform any task. It doesn't gove me a recovery option or nothing else, even going into the different option It still doesn't give the option of a system restore. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom