Help hp laptop won"t start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n3r4d3

Baseband Member
Hi all

This is what happened

I woke up at 6 to go work, i left my laptop on all night, so i decided to shut it off before i go to work.

I JUST came back, and when i start it, the HP loading screen works, then it loaded in my vista home premium. i type my password, but it was frozen already.

So i restarted my laptop. and it loads teh HP screen, then blank screen. I tried to wait for 10-15 mins. still blank screen.

I tried to use the PHXBIOS and did a Hard Disk self test.

The status: #10009 - Replace Hard Disk

WHAT I DO?

OMG

ALL MY Univeristy homeworks in tehre !

:'(

PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: HOPE THIS HELPS

I RAN SYSTEM STARTUP REPAIR USING VISTA RECOVERY DISC

AND THIS CAME OUT FROM THE RESULT:

root cause found:
system volume on disk is corrupt

Repair action: file system repair (chkdsk)
REsult: completed error code = 0x0
time taken = 312985 ms

so is my harddrive done?

You may have to take the hard drive out, recover any data you can using an external enclosure, then reformat and reinstall. It sounds like some important files got corrupted, but it does not sound like a total hard drive failure or bad sectors.

I'm having this exact same problem with my HP laptop as of last night, 04/19. Going to follow this post and try one of the suggestions...

I have loaded a linux livecd, "rescuecd" on my laptop, I'm on it now as a matter of fact. A utility called "GParted" sees the hard disk but gives me a warning icon on it, the info says:

"Cluster accounting failed at 3147732 (0x3007d4): extra cluster
in $bitmap
Filesystem check failed! Totally 1 cluster accounting
mismatches.
ERROR: NTFS is inconsistent. Run chkdsk /f on Windows then
reboot it TWICE!
The usage of the /f parameter is very IMPORTANT! No
modification was
and will be made to NTFS by this software until it gets repaired.

Unable to read the contents of this file system!
Because of this some operations may be unavailable."

Any ideas what I can do about this? Or is my HDD done for good?

Load the Vista DVD Again. This time use the Repair option and select Command Prompt.

There get to the root of the C:\ directory. Use cd.. to get there.

From there run chkdsk /r /f and click okay. It should prompt you to restart to go through this process. Do so. this time when Vista loads it should go through the check disk function with those parameters and fix and repair the bad sector and hopefully solve your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom