HELP Computer not turning on!

technology

Baseband Member
I was using Google Chroe on my Windows 7 laptop and then I closed it and my mouse pointer disappeared. I held in the power button. When I turnt it back on, it said the normal Starting Windows thing it always does, but the Windows logo didn't appear. I left it for half an hour and it still didn't turn on!

PLEASE HELP I AM WORRIED! ALL MY FILES ARE ON THIS LAPTOP! :(:(:(:(

Pull the battery out, keep pressing the power button for 15sec. Then put the battery in and try to boot again

Pull the battery out, keep pressing the power button for 15sec. Then put the battery in and try to boot again

I will try that in a minute. I got an error saying

MEDIA TEST FAILURE. CHECK CABLE
OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

Should I still try taking the battery out because I haven't yet. I might need to get a new laptop though... :(

Sounds like a hard drive failure, or corrupted boot partition.

I'd suggest you plug the hard drive into another computer and try and access it from file explorer, if you can, back up the data . If it shows the hard drive as corrupted, then we can try and follow some steps to repair it.

Sounds like a hard drive failure, or corrupted boot partition.

I'd suggest you plug the hard drive into another computer and try and access it from file explorer, if you can, back up the data . If it shows the hard drive as corrupted, then we can try and follow some steps to repair it.

How do I get the hard drive out of the laptop.

How do I get the hard drive out of the laptop.

Type in the name and model of the laptop and look for a YouTube video for removing harddrive, if your not comfortable in this, and dont have much IT tech experience then id suggest you take it to a shop to get fixed.

Just to be sure its a hardware / corruption, try the battery method I said "once". if it still shows no OS. then either remove harddrive and backup data or take to shop...

Type in the name and model of the laptop and look for a YouTube video for removing harddrive, if your not comfortable in this, and dont have much IT tech experience then id suggest you take it to a shop to get fixed.

Just to be sure its a hardware / corruption, try the battery method I said "once". if it still shows no OS. then either remove harddrive and backup data or take to shop...

It's getting fixed at a shop. I will not be able to get any files since the hard drive is broken, but most of my files are downloaded from the Internet. Thanks for your help! Hopefully it gets fixed.

It's getting fixed at a shop. I will not be able to get any files since the hard drive is broken, but most of my files are downloaded from the Internet. Thanks for your help! Hopefully it gets fixed.

if the shop do there job properly, they will first check if the harddrive is recoverable, to a degree to get the data off it before they bin it.

Make sure you check this with them, dont let them just change the harddrive!

Unfortunately a LOT of shops couldn't care less about someone's data and charge way too much for recovery, I'd ask for the old HD back and see if you can get some off it yourself worst case.

Unfortunately a LOT of shops couldn't care less about someone's data and charge way too much for recovery, I'd ask for the old HD back and see if you can get some off it yourself worst case.

Very good idea, ask for the harddrive back, if they say its broken, just say you want it back anyways..

Back
Top Bottom