help! choosing laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Right,

Ive been thinking recently

are there any laptops for sale in the UK with an 8600 or 9500 geforce graphics card that are 14 inches or smaller?

14" is the upper limit for laptop screen size, and i wanted a laptop with an 8600 for some gaming to be done

can anyone recomend any models to me?

In USA, the Inspiron 1420 series goes up to 8400M GS (same with the equivalent Vostro 1420). I don't think any small HP laptops will have anything better (my dv9700t 17" has an 8600M GS, that was the best available on it). Maybe you can get an Asus or Acer prebuilt machine off of Newegg (or whatever the equivalent PC shop is in the UK) that has better graphics but the mainstream vendors aren't putting much in their 14" models. You could probably find an 8600 in a 15" model, but you don't want that I guess. Personally I think even 15" is too small.

My friend can play Source based games pretty well on his 8400M GS. Remember that a lower card will do better on a smaller laptop because of lower resolution screens. My 8600M GS has to render 1680x1050 while my friend's 8400M GS only has to render 1200x900 or something like that. However, even with the smaller screen size, the 8400M GS won't do too good in Crysis (my 8600M GS can do Crysis at 1024x768 at medium/low with decent FPS, but not a whole lot more, the 8400M GS is worse than the 8600M GS).

I know that Asus makes a couple of models like that, I believe they sell in the UK. I don't know any UK sites to check, though.

yes i was looking at that, and it seems quite nice aesthetically and spec wise. whats the difference between a 9300M G and a 8400M GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom