Help with 4 Laptops into 1?

viciousvulcan

Beta member
Ok I am new here but not really new to IT. I did tech support from Windows 95 to Windows XP. Assume though that I am intermediate or if you prefer just a little stupid :p I used to spend hours and hours in the middle of the night building and rebuilding desktops for my Family and myself. Lots of time on forums and such to figure issues out. Worked for an IT company and I am now in a different world (not IT) and Windows 7/8 have become a little over whelming not to mention the new hard ware that exists. I have four laptops that I am looking at throwing out but before I do I was hoping to Mash them into one good one first.

Here is what I have:
1) HP G60 Notebook, ACPI x64-based PC, AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.10GHz Dual Core, Vista, NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G, DVD/CD, 4 gigs ram, Primary - actually ok laptop except a screw fell out a year ago and now the screen is hanging by the wires only. I was quoted $600 to get it fixed. Hence why I am looking for help to see if I can mash 4 laptops together.

2) Compaq Presario V6000 V6210CA, Vista, AMD Turion64. No hard drive but holds power ok and from what I remember worked but had the drive removed to make an external drive for another PC (Hated Vista).

3) HP Compaq nc8000 ntel Pentium M, XP. No Hard drive, very old but solid state, been dropped a few times and still worked. Pulled the drive to make a back up drive because forgot the password and by this time I was into PC number 3.

4) HP G8-408CA, Windows 7, Vision AMD sorry but that's all I got for this one. No power or power cord but the unit otherwise had a black screen and I think it was the CMOS that pooped.

I know this is allot to ask but like I said I would hate to throw them out without asking first. :cool:

Thanks

What do you mean mash? This isn't a lego set that you can stack to get a larger piece. These are four completely different devices.

It'd probably be 20 bucks or less to replace the screen screw on the 1st one you know.

HP has all their repair manuals online.

The rest need to be recycled, without the drives though.

Could always toss them up on ebay for parts machines, but doubt you'll sell as shipping would be insane.

Back
Top Bottom