Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ne6ls4on

Beta member
Hello,
About a month ago I noticed I had no sound coming from my left speaker. Then today the right speaker have no sound. Well, I have tried everything and calling Hp was one.
I have unistalled and then reinstalled my drivers, I have updated them, I have checked to see if it was muted, I have done a system restore, and I have even tried a total system recovery and erased the laptop back to the original factory settings. I then tried plugging the earbuds into the headphones jack and I heard sound. So, do anyone have any solutions for me? Thanks for you help in advance.

Alvin.C is probably right. Since the headphone jack works we know the sound drivers are working. You could go into Device Manager (Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager (on the left side)) and see if the laptop is showing the speakers as a part of the hardware configuration.

If the laptop is out of warranty, you could go with a sound card (PC Card or USB) and a set of external speakers. There are some speaker sets made special for portability with laptops.

alright, now...... so how do i fix the hardware to make it work so i dont have to buy speakers? is there something i can do to bring it back, do you think the geek squad at best buy can fix, or a computer repair shop can handle? Here is what the device manager looks like
-sound,video,game controller
conexant high definition audio

it also has a pic of a speaker in front of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom